Savory Mango Relish (Chutney) | Macadamia Crab Dip | Island Mango Dip
Savory Mango Relish (Chutney)
This makes a lot but you can reduce the proportions accordingly for a smaller amount.
- 25 Mangos -approximately 12 cups sliced-firm yet ripe
- 6 ½ cups sugar (or SplendaT)
- 4 chili peppers- seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 cups vinegar -no specific kind
- 3 cups golden raisins
- 2 large clove garlic
- 1 cup sliced onion
- ½ cup finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup toasted, coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
Bring vinegar and sugar to a boil for five minutes. Add mango and all other ingredients, cook slowly for 90 minutes. Cool and put into canning jars. Note: Canning jars should be sterilized before use. Fill the jar to the top and seal with plastic wrap and close tightly or wax seal it.
- You can choose to include nuts in the mix or have them in a serving dish for each guest to serve themselves.
- You can substitute other fruit as well such as citrus or nectarines and the recipe will work well. If you choose to substitute fruit, you may want to create a blend of sugar using 3 ¼ c granulated sugar (or SplendaT) and 3 ¼ c brown sugar to better complement the citrus.
Macadamia Crab Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz crabmeat, divided
- 3 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
Combine 8 ounces of the crabmeat and the remaining ingredients. Beat until light and almost wispy. Gently fold in the remaining 8 ounces of crab meat and then spread into a shallow baking pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes in a 400 degree oven until top is lightly browned and bubbly. Sprinkle parsley on for garnish and serve with your favorite dipping items.
Island Mango Dip
- 12 oz cream cheese-softened
- 4 oz cottage cheese (low fat)
- 2 large mangos
- 2 cups crushed pineapple
- 16 oz jar pineapple chutney
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
Peel the mango and dispose of the pits.
Drain the crushed pineapple.
Using a food processor or blender, mix softened cream cheese, cottage cheese, mango and lemon juice together. In a separate bowl, mix the pineapple and the chutney together.
Spread the mango-cheese mixture onto a shallow serving platter or tray. Spread chutney mixture evenly over the mango-cheese mixture. Serve with crackers or toast.
back to top